Friday, October 28, 2011

Mother to an Only Child

I am a mother of an only child not by my choice, but by God's choice. 5 years ago He chose to bless us with our daughter through adoption. There are times that I think I would love more children and sometimes I am completely content with just one child.

When my husband and I married 17 years ago we always said we would just have one child. Well we tried for years and around our 11th anniversary we pretty much gave up on the possibility of ever becoming parents. A few months later, we recieved a phone call from a friend and to make a long story short, we brought home a beautiful baby girl within 48 hours.

There are times I struggle with what kind of person whe will be as an only child or how different her life would be if she had siblings. We just try to focus on the positive of having an only child and spend lots of quality time with her. She is even getting to go on her 2nd trip to Disney World just a year after her 1st trip.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner. Wow! I can't believe you went from no children to being parents in 48 hours. That must have been crazy! Enjoy your time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping from Kelly's Korner! I have an only too. I spend time in prayer about the right choices for my only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from KK :) I have an only child by a selfish choice.... I sometimes feel ( b/c my walk with God is SO much closer now) that I made a silly choice but I also try to keep thinking of the things God will do in her life as an only child that couldnt or wouldnt happen in our family if she had siblings ... :)

    ReplyDelete